On my last international flight, Kristen’s friend Lora told us the secret to a warm dinner roll with your meal. The secret? Your armpit. Yes, my friends, I warmed my roll in my armpit. US Airways packages them so nicely in plastic that it’s perfect. Hold the roll there, and by the time you’ve eaten the rest of your meal, it’s done! Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it.
It’s
But back to the sleeping. I just can’t seem to do it. I know I napped for an hour or so, but we have a full day tomorrow. And two hours is hardly enough to see Cinderella’s castle Neuican’tspellitstein and the Austrian Alps. I want to sleep. I have my pink neck pillow and a sanitized sealed-in-plastic US Airways issued blanket. I’m barefoot and mostly comfortable despite the strange mans foot inching closer and closer toward me by the moment.
I counted hockey players (you know, not by numbers, but in numerical order… Luongo, Matty Greene, Marc Methot, Dennis Seidenberg, Franticik “Bag of Pucks” Kaberle & Ladislav Smid, Tim Gleason, Nic Wallin, Matt Cullen, Pascal Duspuis, Horcoff/Kris Russell, Jordan Staal, Eric Staal, Ray “My boyfriend” Whitney, Sergei Samsanov, Derek Dorsett, Baby Brandon Sutter, Rod the Bod Brindamour, Ethan “The Captain” Moreau….. you get the picture. Usually, I can hardly get to 15 before I pass out. I think I got to Chad Larose (aka Number 59) before I gave up.
Then I watched Marley and Me. Which is a terrible, horrible, awful movie. But I want to read the book…. And I tried to knit, but it’s too dark, and you get the picture.
So now, I’m trying to watch another movie, and clear my head, and begin my vacation that begins in about six hours when we arrive in
And tomorrow? Tomorrow I’m going to
PS by the way... in case you were wondering, despite the flight being at 420, it was a non-smoking flight. Thanks, TJ for your words of wisdom about that.
Also? I just paid 8 Euro to check NHL scores (it's only game one, the Canes can and will come back...) and to update the blog. Aren't you all excited?

Clearly you need sleep :D But it's cute when you are rambly.
ReplyDeleteMiss you already but I know this will be a most excellent trip for you!
Would texting (even internationally) for Canes updates be cheaper than eight euros? :-) I can't wait for your next installment, or your pictures!
ReplyDeleteI wish texts would work, but alas, my phone doesn't work here at all. :( But we have free internet, for tonight anyway!
ReplyDelete